I decorated some slippers with glitter puffy paint to wear with my dress
Poe is in the pic, his eyes are dark gold and usually photograph like this
I also wanted some nice short torches and I thought classic tiki torches would look BLAH and not really fit the spring backyard theme so I found some glass cattail shaped torches in red and blue so I bought 2 blue and a red and painted one of the blues purple (our colors) with glass paint. The torches were $6 off so I saved nearly $20 on all 3.
one of the blue torches before painting
after 3 weeks it will dry to the point where we dont have to worry about it coming off. After the Ceremony we will give them to Grandma to use in her yard.
Fresh painted torch (taken with camera phone)
all three torches
I really enjoy art challenges (yes the valentine one is coming..LOL)
so here is one I thought I would keep an eye on:
This weeks theme is FADED, I have done other faded images but I am really loving this one which is actually the announcement to Alex and My Handfasting. I loved the original photo and the colors were amazing, I wanted to share the close up on the hands and use it twice for the inside and outside of the announcement. I actually love the faded effect because the colors are intact but misty and softer.
When we send out the invite the photo we include will be the original (at the bottom of the post)
The faded inside of the announcement (URL at bottom obscured)
Original colors -outside of announcement
Original Photo from our second engagement set in Nov
I am changing our Handfasting site into less of a blog and more of an official wedding site so I am moving my DIY and art projects form it to here
The invite covers, a photo I did of Alex’s hand holding a squishy heart
Front of our invites
I did these on 140lbs Watercolor paper that I painted (watercolor wash sprinkled with raw sugar to get a cool effect) and then drew on, These are Art Trading Card size little cards (2.5in x 3.5in) and I mounted
them on cut down notecards I got for $.25 an 8 pack at Micheal’s.
I printed out the insides on business cards and glued them inside. I love
DIY projects and these were CHEAP, about $.06 a piece…LOL.
Making the Save the Dates
The inside is done in word so it is formatted slightly differently (this was a photoshop image